I’ve been blogging on and off for 7 years now, both in private and public blogs. So, let’s just say that I’m a veteran. But this is the first time anyone ever saw fit to honor my hard work (alright, it’s not hard at all). A fellow library school nerd and Star Wars lover, Mina of The Ramblings of a (Future) Jedi Librarian has seen fit to offer me a Leibster Award. And after almost a week of not even giving my blog a second thought (I needed the post-semester break from using my brain), I finally remembered to get on that. So without further ado, here are the details:
The Leibster Award is a fun way to support favorite bloggers and support each other. One thing I’ve found in the blogging community is that we tend to be supportive of each other and I really love that. So thanks, Mina!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
11 Random Facts
- I never keep my New Year’s Resolutions. I figure, why should I bother to start now?
- I was born on an island…
- …but, without sunscreen, I burn within 15 minutes if I am in direct sunlight.
- I hate cold weather but I love scarves and comfy sweaters.
- I used to want to be a forensic scientist.
- I rode horses for much of my childhood. I preferred English and jumping.
- I’ve never read Pride & Prejudice (nor will I ever likely), but I found myself really enjoying Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.
- I’m terrified of those tower rides that send you up and drop you randomly. I keep expecting a cable to come loose and amputate a leg.
- I was one of those snobby kids who thought people my age were obnoxious and that books/movies/t.v. shows for people my age were beneath me.
- Now I love reading young adult novels, especially Harry Potter (which I refused to read when it came out, even though I was 11 when they debuted).
- I named my dog Mr. Miyagi and trained him how to “Wax on, wax off.”
Fave Bloggers (Who are under no obligation to send this award along. This is merely an opportunity for me highlight some excellent bloggers out there!)
- Diary of a Novelist: My hilarious friend Leighton comments on a variety of seemingly random things. She never fails to make me laugh out loud. Plus, lists! And pictures of her adorable dog and cat!
- Sarah Deringer: Sarah is a library and information technology specialist. Her posts are fun and I always pause to read them when they pop onto my reader (which isn’t the case for many of the blogs I follow). Her blog is also an incredible resource, with links to webinars, tools of the trade and more.
- The Waki Librarian: Diana, an archivist/librarian, offers posts on technology, librarianship and general, all-around fun.
- Climbing the Stacks: Christian, an aspiring health sciences librarian and NLM associate fellow, blogs about her fellowship experiences. Even if you don’t want to work as a health librarian, she also offers some thought-provoking insights into the library field.
My 10 questions from The Ramblings of a (Future) Jedi Librarian
- What is your favorite movie? This one is incredibly difficult for me because I love so many different movies. Because it’s Christmas time, I will say my favorite Christmas movie is Die Hard. And you’re wrong if you think it’s not a Christmas movie.
- What is your favorite book? I have a similarly difficult time answering this, but today I will go with August Frost.
- What is your favorite author? Gah! Um. J.K. Rowling.
- Do you have a favorite fandom? Star Wars. I’ve spent three hours debating with my husband about Jacen Solo’s philosophical viewpoint. I think that earns me a pretty solid place in the fandom.
- Favorite Holiday? Christmas.
- Cake or pie? Pie
- As an adult, do you still dress up for Halloween? Not really, though this is due to a lack of money and skill. Someday I will dress up as Carmen Sandiego. And Flo (from those hilarious Progressive commercials).
- Vintage or modern? Vintage
- Do you like to shop? Only for books.
- How would you describe yourself? Introverted, hungry for knowledge and nerdy.
If you feel the need to send this Leibster Award along, just use the questions from The Ramblings of a (Future) Jedi Librarian’s prompt.